Something sweet for the week ...?

By 9:16 PM

Hello! :D I know i'm suppose to blog about pizzas first but I can't resist the pictures of these sweet treats that I want to share with all of you! Here's a post to brighten up your last day of the weekend before we begin another hectic week of work! :D

Presenting to you: 
Four places to head to for sweet & savoury treats! :D 

Simply spell STRESSED the other way around and it would be DESSERTS
So.. here's a compilation of four cafes for the sweet tooth in you! Let's indulge in desserts before the stressful week ahead~

Tiong Bahru Bakery
This bakery needs no further introduction~ I'm sure many of you have been to one of the outlets for the large variety of yummy goodies!
Anyway, here's the addresses for the 2 outlets:

56 Eng Hoon St #01-70 S(160056)
Tel: 62203430
8am-8pm daily

252 North Bridge Road, Raffles City Shopping Centre, #B1-11/12 S(179103)
Tel: 63334160
9am-10pm daily

My preferred outlet is the Raffles City one! :p Probably becos I did not get any good service from the Eng Hoon St outlet when I went there the other time. It was too crowded for my liking too. The Raffles City outlet is far more accessible :D

Anyway.. Introducing my favourite pick from Tiong Bahru Bakery:

*Chocolate croissant*

It has to be the chocolate croissant! :D YUMS! When you have it while it's piping hot, it is simply heavenly heheehee! I will always order this whenever I head to the Tiong Bahru Bakery! Do try this out! :)

I have also tried:
*Apple Raisin Brioche*
Hmm.. I would say that it's not bad but not something to rave about. 

I can't wait to head back there and try more savoury treats on the menu! :)
-------------------------------------------
Moving on~ we have a new bakery on this list and it is none other than Maple & Market :)

Maple & Market
Maple & Market is a bakery newly opened by Sarah who is a blogger, baker & crafter :) 
I would love to be like her one day~ hehe.. so envious! Simply love the style of her shop. Simple yet full of little details in every little corner of the shop. 

The bakery is located at:

34 Cassia Crescent #01-82 S(390034)
Operating hrs: 
Tue-Fri: 12pm to 10pm
Sat-Sun: 10am to 10pm

It is in close proximity to the Old Airport Road Hawker Centre! So you can probably make your way there for some afternoon treats after heading to the nearby hawker centre for cheap and yummy hawker food! That's exactly what B & I did! :p The nearest MRT station is Dakota station. Very accessible :)

Check out the colourful looking stools! :) so pretty!

Located at Cassia Crescent~

Would love to try this on my next visit! :) Looks really yummy!

And we ordered 3 of these cupcakes to try! :)
Check out the decor! Love the mini terrariums placed all over the shop! I wonder if they are for sale~ :/

This picture just triggered me to say this:
"Who took the cookie from the cookie jar? Who..me? Yes you! Couldn't be! Then who?"

wahahaha.. super lame i know.. LOL! Anyway the cookies are quite cheap! Only 80cents for one! 
Perfect to go with a cup of coffee :D

Love this display! I want my future home's display to look like this! Hehe.. lots of low maintenance plants and cute terrariums! <3
I think they sell some of these stuff too! :0

And there's a craft/ party supplies corner! :) From Oh Happy Day! Love love love the stuff from this corner! So tempted to buy the stripey straws hehehe!!



I hope to have a staycation with lots of balloons, pretty party utensils and a dessert table! 
*Daydreams*
And check out this beautiful pot of flowers!

With a really cute condiments tray for brown sugar and sugar syrup! Too cute! :p
 Our 3 cupcakes for the day~ The top left hand corner one had a lemon zest to it, it was Ben's favourite! very refreshing and different from the usual buttery cupcakes. Moving in clockwise direction, it would be the red velvet cupcake :) Not bad but nothing very special to rave about. And lastly, for the pretty cupcake with pistachio bits, I'm not too sure about the name of this cupcake but it is my favourite!! :D I'm not very sure if it's pistachios though.. But in short, this particular cupcake was very yummy and leaves you craving for more! Will be back for this! <3
And we ordered this Cassia cake slice in replacement for the popcorn caramel cake that i was initially heading to the bakery for.. Kinda disappointed that I couldn't get to taste the popcorn caramel cake.. But oh well.. This cake was not too shabby either :)
Pretty cake on a pretty plate!

I heard that they hold lessons at this bakery too! Really hope to attend one of these baking lessons one day! Hopefully they will hold a macaroons baking session one day! :D
We had the window seats and there was a funny incident where a old uncle was peering/ staring at us for the longest time.. It was kinda awkward~ if only the shop space had more privacy.. lol! But it was an interesting experience nonetheless~
Till the next visit! <3
-------------------------------------------
NYDC (New York Dessert Cafe)

We went to the Tampines One outlet for this dessert treat by Haren, but this outlet has recently closed down already :x
Other NYDC outlets includes the one at Bugis Junction, Holland Village and Wheelock Place! :)

Here was our chocolate overloaded sweet treats at NYDC!
*Boo Boo*
A super cute name for a chocolate cake that was sinfully good!
*Cookie Monster*
Double chocolate chip and Mocha almond fudge ice cream with cookie chunks, nestled on an Oreo cookie base with chocolate fudge and whipped cream
Oopsy hehe.. forgot the name for this cake~ I think it was some cheesecake? :p
*Jedi Mudster*
Double chocolate chip and macadamia nut ice cream on an Oreo base with homemade cookie chunks. Complete with chocolate fudge and whipped cream.

This was my favourite for the night! Probably becos of the macadamia nut ice cream! :p YUMS!
Lastly, another dessert which I unfortunately cannot recall the name of it. :p Nonetheless, it was good!

Thank you for the sweet treat Haren! :) I had a great time chatting and getting to know the other bloggers during the short dessert session at NYDC. And of course, gobbling down all the yummy sweet treats hehe~!
-------------------------------------------
Last but not least, what is a mini dessert compilation list without any waffles and ice cream? :)

Marble Slab Creamery
B and I visited the Plaza Singapura outlet :)

Tadaaa~ To satisfy my waffles & ice cream cravings, this is what we got! So pretty and yummy right?
 After tasting quite a few flavours, we decided on red velvet and salted caramel ice cream! Both were YUMMY!!! Do give it a try when you pass by Marble Slab Creamery! :)
Coincidentally, we thought the colour combi fit the Marble Slab Creamery signboard and logo perfectly! Probably they should consider making this their signature dessert hahaha.. #justsaying

And here's a happy me with the piping hot waffles & yummy ice cream!

That's all for now <3 Thanks for reading & have a great week ahead! Hope you like my mini desserts compilation list :) Do check back for the upcoming post! Most probably a post on the pizza offer! 

50% off Dominos pizzas by simply using this discount code: BLG82 
Valid from now till 27 Aug 13. So order your Dominos pizzas now!!! :D
XXOO

You Might Also Like

0 comments