SGShop - Stay at home and shop around the world [Review]

By 2:16 PM

As you would have known, I really love shopping and online shopping is definitely on my list! So.. without further ado, let me introduce you to the most convenient channel for you to order stuff from Taobao! It is none other than SG Shop! Thanks to Nicole from SD, I had the opportunity to try out SG Shop's service! :D Yay!! I finally get to order things from Taobao!! 
*but boohoo.. my wallet won't be too happy about it though.. :x*

I have been searching for quite a while for an easy channel to order cheap stuff from Taobao, but I always end up not buying the items as the process was too tedious. I have found some sprees though, but usually they need to meet the quota before they proceed to order the item (the confirmation might take up to 2 weeks), and being the usual impatient me, I rather not order the item anymore. :p

With SG Shop, they have made my Taobao shopping experience so fuss free with 6 simple steps! :)

 Step 1: Choose the products you want.  

This is the fun part where you get to browse through the items on Taobao and simply search for the items that you want! Taobao has almost anything and everything that you can possibly think of.. haha..

Here are some of the items which i have shortlisted:
From clothes to Christmas cards~
And even cute hand creams like these!! :D
After choosing each item that you want, simply copy the link from Taobao's website, then paste under the box in SgShop's website :) Example as shown in the screenshots below~ Woohoo camera bag ftw!! :D

After pasting and clicking "Express", this page will be generated, where you can type in the colour and size of the product that you will be getting. After which, click "Submit" and the item will be added to your shopping cart :) Easy peasy right? 
Apart from Taobao, you can also shop at the other shopping malls that SG Shop caters to! :)
Step 2: Submit your order. 

After you have selected all the items that you wish to order, simply review the items in your shopping cart and then click "Place order". After which, you will confirm the items you have selected, then click "Pay the order".
Step 3: Make payment.

To make payment for the order, you will have to first recharge your SG Shop account by transferring via iBanking, ATM transfer or by Paypal/Credit Card :) 

After you have transferred the sufficient amount, which you will be notified via SMS alert if you have filled in your contact number. Your profile balance should show the amount you have transferred ie. $100 in the screenshot below. Do note that the processing time for the transfer of funds took around 1-2 working days based on my experience :)

After recharging your account, please submit your payment for your order. 

From this step onwards, all you need to do is to wait for SG Shop's notification in the event that the item you want is out of stock, or if the item colour and details that you have specified are not clear :) 

Step 4: SGshop purchase items. 

You can view the status of your order by logging into your SGShop account. 

Step 5: Submit Delivery. 

Once the status is reflected as "Arrived SG warehouse", you can submit for delivery! :D YAY!!! However, do note that some extra charges might be required for the delivery charges :) At this point you will need to recharge your SGShop account again if there are insufficient value.. 

*I find this the only troublesome factor throughout the whole shopping experience.. haha*

Step 6: Confirm receiving of goods. Wait for the goods to be delivered to your doorstep. (Budget/Advanced Delivery)

Or you can opt for MRT Collection points:

           Tuesday:  Bishan                 18:00 - 18:30 (Outside Exit B Taxi Stand)

                             Woodlands         19:15 - 19:45 (Outside Exit C Taxi Stand)

      Wednesday:  Tanjong Pagar     18:00 - 18:30 (Outside Exit A)

                               Jurong East        19:15 - 19:45 (Outside Exit B)

          Thursday:   Serangoon          18:00 - 18:30 (Outside Exit E Taxi Stand)

                               Punggol              19:15 - 19:45 (Outside Exit C Taxi Stand)

               Friday:    Paya Lebar         18:00 - 18:30 (Outside Exit C Taxi Stand)

                               Buona Vista        19:15 - 19:45 (Outside Exit C Taxi Stand)

          Saturday:    Bishan                 12:00 - 12:30 (Outside Exit B Taxi Stand)

                              Tanjong Pagar    13:00 - 13:30 (Outside Exit A)

                              Jurong East         14:00 - 14:30 (Outside Exit B)

                              Woodlands          15:00 - 15:30 (Outside Exit C Taxi Stand)

                              Punggol               16:00 - 16:30 (Outside Exit C Taxi Stand)

                              Tampines             17:00 - 17:30 (Outside Exit B Pick up point to Ikea)

*MRT collection is only applicable for total item's weight <=5 kgs.

With approx 10 items in total, i opted for the budget delivery! :) Paid an extra $40 (inclusive of local delivery fees, overseas delivery costs as well as handling fees) on top of the $114.13 paid previously. And yay!! The parcel was delivered to my doorstep efficiently! Woohoo!! It was delivered within the next working day for my parcel and the delivery man dropped me an SMS to double check if anyone is at home to receive my parcel before sending it here :) Thumbs up for the service! 
This is unlike some other online shopping sites where the delivery man will just leave your parcel outside your house -_- (What if my parcel goes missing?? @_@)

Very satisfied with the efficient service provided! :D Less than $150 for nearly 10 items! Yay!
Hehe.. just had to paste my excited face into this pic lol!
And here's all my items wrapped and packed nicely~

And my hairband was wrapped safely in the bubble wrap too! So no worries, even if you purchase very delicate or small items as SG Shop will ensure that your items gets packed properly and delivered to you safely~ Love my new hairband hehe.. 

Taadaaa~ Here's all the items that I've purchased! Still missing the disney cookie cutters which i will be collecting soon :p (forgot to top up enough value for my SG Shop account). Check out the interesting cards, knitwear, baking products, hairband and bags that I've got! Pretty good deal for only less than $150 right? :)
And here's two of my best buys for this shopping spree! :D The pretty black structured handbag and my trusty camera bag which is perfect to bring wherever i go! No more ugly black camera bags that do not match my clothes :p Cheap and good quality bags here I come~ 

PS: it's definitely cheaper than those nice looking camera bags you buy from Funan IT mall and there's more colours and designs to choose from! I'm a camera fanatic so I guess I will be buying more camera accessories from Taobao soon :D

 My very first experience shopping on Taobao via SG Shop was definitely fuss free (probably except the part where I did not top up enough moolahs and had to recharge my account haha..) and efficient (received most of my items in less than a week). I am looking forward to more shopping loots from Taobao!! Do start shopping at Taobao via SG Shop now! :) Hope that my review helps you in your shopping experience~

XXOO

You Might Also Like

1 comments